The old church of which I speak to you is in the Gelencze village, to 10 km of Targu Secuiesc of the county of Covasna.
This former Christian church has been built on a tray of ceremonies. It is considered the place where they presented the offering of the cult. The roof that had to protected the altar was built in the year 1100. The building was finished during the 13th century and the character of church fortifies has been established by the constructions achieved until the 14th century.
During the years 1300-1330 all interior walls have been decorated of the paintings of an inestimable quality. The essential theme of the wall paintings is dominated of four topics principle, of which two have a particular importance. The fresco have been submitted has a lot of recovering, of the deteriorations and losses, but has renovations, the restorations and corrections also.
One speaks of a window that opened up on the East and during the morning of the equinox of spring, her illuminated the whole surface of the wall situates has the west. The afternoon the same physical source, now by the windows of the west illuminated the altar and the surroundings. Because of the unknown reasons of window of the East have been hidden.
During the 15th century was constructions with the style and the Gothic additions. In the sanctuary redoes in 16th century one can notice elements of the style post-Gothic there. The legendary window has been reopened in 1628. During the same time the decorative cassettes of the ceiling have painted summers and rises. In 1766 some portals have been built to the doors of the church to keep goods. In this year one made some renovations has the altar of wood and the balconies lately constructed and painted have been consecrated.
This Roman Catholic church, supervised of the walls in stone and in bricks, also has the main entry a bell-tower made of wood. The holy boss of the local Christendom and church presented that is the prince of origin Hungarian Emericus of Saint.
In 1972 one established the first timetable of visit of the public interest, after the official Mass of the church. During the same time - the years '70 - one begun, by clean strengths, the works of the electric illumination and the conservation of the values.
It was also a strong desire to eliminate the mildew of the walls of the part of the north and to repair the deteriorations of the roof of the northwest of the building. This test was not supervised of a specialized person. In 2000 one made a restoration in detail and supervised very well. The work group is constituted of restoring artists and famous curators national.